Why should you bother with a competitive gap analysis as a B2B brand?
1. Reveals Who Your Real Competitors Are
One of the most significant benefits of a competitor analysis is it helps you know who your real competitors are. It’s easy to assume you already know who you’re going against, but when you dig into the data, you may be shocked.
Knowing your real SEO competitors is essential to crafting an SEO campaign. This is because you’re better positioned to know the strategies you need to employ to outperform your competitors.
2. Helps You Reverse Engineer Strategies That Work
Another benefit of competitor analysis is that it reveals what’s under the hood of your competitors’ SEO campaigns. The insights you gain will enable you to reverse engineer the SEO strategies that give your competitors good results. It also shows you strategies that aren’t worth your effort.
3. Helps You Position Yourself Strategically
Understanding the competitive landscape in your industry is invaluable as it can help you position yourself strategically. This has the advantages of:
- Increasing your visibility
- Enabling you to steal competitor traffic
- Establish yourself as an authority in your niche
All three are essential to helping you generate organic leads.